Friday, May 04, 2007

 

Another one for the book club


I have just finished reading an excellent book about the recent war time period in Sierra Leone - 1991 to 2001. The author interviewed a number of people and tells the story not so much as a history book but as a novel. It helped me to understand something about the reasons for the conflict but importantly how people have rationlised living with the rebel soldiers still in their midst. Very readable. Two thumbs up.

One of the people whose story is described is the son of an American missionary family. I met Aaron recently while on a trip to Kabala and this brought the book alive for me. His story is harrowing but quite intriguing. He is pictured here with the group of us who travelled to Kabala. Aaron is the tall bearded guy but I havnt figured out who the grey haired guy is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?